NEW THIS YEAR
Complete a separate registration for each individual or team entry.
A faculty sponsor, from an ACSA member school, is required to enroll students by completing an online registration form prior to the registration deadline of April 3, 2019. Complete one online form for each individual student or team of students participating. Students or teams wishing to enter the competition on their own must have a faculty sponsor, who should complete the online registration form. There is no entry or submission fee to participate in the competition. Each student will receive a confirmation submission email that will include personal URL for final online submission. Students or teams wishing to enter the challenge on their own must have a faculty sponsor, who should complete the form. Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com to your address book to ensure that you receive all emails regarding your participation in the competition.
During registration faculty will have the ability to add students and create teams. Registration is required by April 3, 2019, but can be changed, edited and added to until a student begins their final submission.
- Faculty log into the ACSA website,
- Click the Register Now button,
- Select the 2019 Housing Competition from the submission type dropdown menu & Click “Enter”,
- Add an individual student. You will need to know each student’s first & last Names, email, & institution, which are all required fields for each student. Click “Save”.
- If this is a team registration, you may add additional students to this team, Teams must be limited to a maximum of five students.
- Once the individual student or team is complete, Click “Complete this Registration”,
- Repeat steps 3 – 6 for each individual or team.
DIGITAL SUBMISSION FORMAT
Submissions must be designed on no more than four 20” x 20”(portrait format) digital boards. The names of student participants, their schools, or faculty sponsors, must NOT appear on the boards.
Registered students are requiredto submit all boards uploaded through the ACSA website as JPEG files. Each digital board should be uploaded as an individual compressed file. Participants should keep in mind that, due to the large number of entries, preliminary review does not allow for the hanging end-to-end display of presentation boards. Accordingly,participants should not use text or graphics that cross over from board to board.
DESIGN ESSAY OR ABSTRACT
A brief essay, 500 words maximum, in English, is required as part of the student submission describing critical elements of the design concept and relay information on site selection and client. Keep in mind that the presentation should graphically convey the design solution and context as much as possible, and not rely on the design essay to convey a basic understanding of the project. The names of student participants, their schools or faculty sponsors, must NOT appear in the design essay. This abstract is included in the final online submission, completed by the student(s) in a simple copy/paste text box.
ONLINE PROJECT SUBMISSION
The entrant is required to submit the final project. It must be uploaded through the ACSA Competition website at www.acsa-arch.org by 11:59 pm, Pascific Time, on May 22, 2019. If the submission is from a team, all team members will have the ability to upload the digital files. Once the final submit button is pressed, no additional edits, uploads, or changes can be made. Once the final submission is uploaded and submitted, each student will receive a confirmation email notification. You may “save” your submission and return to complete.
A final submission upload must contain the following:
- Completed online registration including all team members and faculty sponsors
- Four 20” x 20” boards uploaded individually as high resolution JPEG files
- A design essay or abstract, 300 words maximum (copy/pasted into the text box during submission) Incomplete or undocumented entries will be disqualified. Winning projects will be required to submit high resolution original files/images for use in competition publications and exhibit materials.
* By uploading your files, you agree ACSA has the rights to use your winning submission, images and materials in a summary publication, online and in promotional and exhibition resources. ACSA will contribute authorship of the winning design to you, your team, faculty and affiliation. Additionally, you hereby warrant that the submission is original and that you are the author(s) of the submission.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Program updates, including information on jury members as they are confirmed, may be found on the ACSA web site at www.acsa-arch.org.
Additional questions on the competition program and submissions should be addressed to: