Call for NAAB Visiting Team Roster – Call Reopened! New deadline is June 14.
- Team Training – Nominees will be required to complete NAAB’s team training program prior to participating on a visiting team.
- Availability – Team members must be available for all the pre-site visit meetings in addition to being fully present for all the days of the visit, which will be in-person starting in 2024. Spring visits generally occur between late January and early April of each year; fall visits are typically scheduled between late September and early November.
- Team Selection – In comprising a site visit team, NAAB will consider individual areas of expertise, availability for the established visit dates, and will balance each team in terms of geography, gender, race/ethnicity, and accreditation experience.
ACSA Candidate Qualifications and Selection Criteria
The candidate must be a full-time faculty member at an ACSA full or candidate member school at the time of nomination.
The candidate should demonstrate a number of the following preferred qualifications:
- At least three years of full-time teaching experience;
- Experience with educational assessment, including but not limited to self-assessment by programs;
- A record of acknowledged scholarship or professional work;
- Administrative experience or experience with the NAAB accreditation process;
- Participation in efforts, either within or beyond ACSA, to make architectural education more equitable and inclusive for faculty and students from all backgrounds.
Because NAAB’s 2020 Conditions and Procedures for Accreditation mark a significant break from past models, ACSA sees this as an opportunity to involve new faculty in the accreditation process. ACSA seeks to assemble a Visiting Team Roster that includes faculty from a range of schools so that the backgrounds of educators on NAAB visiting teams can be appropriately matched to the school visited. This includes characteristics such as teaching at public/private institutions, research-intensive institutions, special-focus institutions, and minority-serving institutions.
You may apply on your own or have someone nominate you. In either case, you must download the cover sheet and submit it along with the following items in a single PDF:
- Cover letter that outlines your experience related to the bulleted selection criteria above and (2 pages maximum)
- Current curriculum vitae highlighting relevant research, teaching, and service (2 pages maximum)
The new deadline for candidates is June 14, 2023. Send the application to Abel Chanyalew, ACSA Membership Coordinator, email@example.com, with the subject line NAAB Visiting Teams.
We encourage nominations from Black, Indigenous/Native, and people of color, as well as from individuals teaching at minority-serving institutions. ACSA seeks to include members from a range of backgrounds, including race/ethnicity, gender, school type, and teaching and research experience.