Professor of Architecture: “Building Systems and Envelope”
From 26-01-2024 to 04-03-2024
Place of work
Faculty of Planning, Architecture, Art and Design (FAAAD)_Université Laval School of Architecture (ÉAUL)
Located in the heart of Old Québec, a fortified town designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Université Laval’s School of Architecture welcomes close to 500 local and international students in five programs, over three academic levels. With nearly 1,300 professors and 46,000 students, and as a research institution leading the way in sustainable development practices (STARS platinum certification), Université Laval contributes to the advancement of knowledge and practice in the field of architecture.
Québec is a city nestled in breathtaking natural surroundings and renowned for its vibrant business, technology, sports and cultural scenes. Opportunities abound for even the most discerning, whatever their preferences or lifestyle.
The successful candidate will demonstrate training and professional experience culminating in high-level expertise in building science, applied to the entire building life cycle (sustainability, carbon neutrality). All fields of building science expertise will be considered; immediate needs include the development and integration of quantitative methods in energy efficiency and acoustics. The successful candidate’s expertise has resulted in tangible teaching, research or research-creation achievements. They will teach courses and project workshops, supervise final essays (projects), conduct research or research-creation activities, and contribute to program reviews. They will participate actively in School life, operations and outreach activities. Project workshops are held in person at the School.
- Teach and supervise students at all three academic levels, in particular in architectural pedagogy, within and adjacent to their field of expertise;
- Perform research or research-creation activities, and publish in their field of expertise;
- Participate in pedagogical and administrative activities of the School of Architecture and the University;
- Participate in external activities that showcase the School of Architecture and the University, and contribute to the development of partnerships with the scientific, industrial or professional communities.
- D. obtained or in progress (exceptionally, a Canadian candidate with the equivalent of a Ph.D. may be considered);
- Fluency in French or a commitment to quickly reach the level required by the position;
- Member of the professional association of architects in their place of residence (an asset);
- Experience working on multidisciplinary projects;
- University teaching experience, specifically in architectural pedagogy, within and adjacent to their field of expertise;
- Research or research-creation achievements, publications, and development potential;
- Ability to obtain research or research-creation
- Regular full-time position;
- Salary in accordance with the collective agreement in effect at Université Laval: https://rh.ulaval.ca/personnel-enseignant-et-de-recherche/professeurs/conventions-collectives.
The application must include:
- A letter of intent, including reasons for wanting to move to Québec, for all external candidates;
- A complete curriculum vitae;
- A portfolio of relevant projects;
- Contact information for three references
Please email your application in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: March 4, 2024, 12 p.m. (noon, Québec time) Expected start date: September 1, 2024
For Université Laval, diversity is a source of wealth, and we encourage qualified individuals of all origins to apply, in particular, women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. However, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.