Submission Deadline: September 25, 2019
Description To recognize demonstrated excellence in teaching performance during the formative years of an architectural teaching career.
ACSA and AIAS are jointly sponsoring the award to recognize outstanding teaching abilities exhibited by faculty with a maximum of 10 academic semesters or 15 quarters of full-time teaching experience.
Faculty must teach at an ACSA full-member and candidate-member school, which has an established AIAS or CASA chapter in good standing. Faculty members who have already received tenure are not eligible for this award. Any faculty member, administrator, AIAS or CASA member at an ACSA full-member and candidate-member school may nominate a candidate for the ACSA/AIAS New Faculty Teaching Award.
All materials are to be submitted through the online system by the nominator or nominee; once the nomination is finalized all parties will receive a confirmation email. The résumé and supporting letters are best uploaded as PDF documents. The supporting material (portfolio) must not exceed a total of 20, 8.5x11 pages and be submitted in PDF format. All material must be submitted by September 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm EDT, online at www.acsa-arch.org and the submitter will need to log into the ACSA website in order to submit. Previous recipients are ineligible for this award.
Each submission shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Information, completed online during submission (www.acsa-arch.org);
- Letter of Nomination: A letter explaining the reasons for the nomination according to the established criteria, not to exceed one page (PDF format);
- Curated Résumé: A curated résumé of the candidate summarizing his or her career, no more than 10 pages. (PDF format);
- Supporting Letters: No more than three supporting letters (in addition to the letter of nomination) from colleagues and/or students commenting upon the significance of the specific achievements of the candidate (no more than 1 page each in separate PDF format);
- Teaching Verification Letter: A letter from the dean/chair of the nominee’s university, verifying the nominee has a maximum of 10 academic semesters or 15 quarters of full-time teaching experience (no more than 1 page in PDF format);
- Supporting Material: Illustrating or describing the candidate's achievements, which would include teaching evaluations, syllabi, or student work (not to exceed a total of 20, 8.5x11 pages, in PDF format).
Selection & Presentation
Applications will be assessed by a jury composed of two members of the AIAS national leadership and two members of the ACSA Board of Directors, none of whom shall be associated with any of the nominations. The ACSA Awards Committee shall recommend to the ACSA board for approval no more than three individuals for this award per year. The jury, in any year, may choose not to bestow the New Faculty Teaching Award. ACSA and AIAS shall present recipients with a certificate during the ACSA Annual Meeting and recipients will have the opportunity to present their work.
+ 2020 Architectural Education Awards Program
+ Past Recipients
2020 NFT Jurors