2017 ACSA Fall Conference | CROSSINGS BETWEEN THE PROXIMATE AND REMOTE
October 12-14, 2017 | Marfa, Texas
Hosted School: Texas Tech University, College of Architecture
Co-chairs: Urs Peter Flueckiger, Texas Tech University
Victoria McReynolds, Texas Tech University
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The 2017 Fall Conference co-chairs invite abstract submissions from the architecture community, as well as non-member practitioners and faculty that address a range of topics related to crossings between the proximate and remote - such as art and architecture, time, light and space, boundaries and borders, land and culture, city and landscape, pedagogy and practice, and so on.
Submission Deadline: May 3, 2017
- Paper abstracts must not exceed 500 words, and include nor more than five optional images.
- All abstracts must be prepared for anonymous review (remove author/contributor names and affiliation identification).
- Authors may present no more than two papers at the conference.
- Submissions must report on recently completed work, and cannot have been previously published or presented in public, except to a regional audience.
- Submissions must be written in English.
- The 2017 ACSA Fall Conference is open for submissions to any professional and faculty worldwide. If you are already an ACSA member, please log into the website and complete your submission. If you are not an ACSA member or do not have ACSA credentials, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to request credentials for the 2017 Fall Conference.
How to Submit
The deadline for submitting an abstract to the Fall Conference is May 3, 2017. Authors will submit abstracts through the ACSA online interface. When submitting your abstract, you will be guided through the following steps:
- Log in with your ACSA username and password. Forgot Password?
- Enter the title of your abstract.
- Enter (copy/paste) your abstract.
- * Omit all author names from the abstract and any other identifying information to maintain an anonymous review process.
- Add additional authors for your paper, if any.
- Click Submit to finalize your submission. Note: Your paper is not submitted unless you click the Submit button and receive an automatic email confirmation.
All abstracts will undergo a blind peer-review process. The conference co-chairs will take into consideration the evaluations furnished by the peer-reviewers and render final acceptance decisions. Selection is based on innovation, clarity, and topic relevance.
Accepted submissions will be published in a digital Proceedings (with print option) and delivered in fifteen to twenty-minute presentations during conference paper sessions. Accepted authors, who chose, will be requested to complete a full-paper, copyright transfer form and agree to present the paper at the Fall Conference before it is published in the Proceedings.
It is policy that accepted authors pay full conference registration to present at the conference and be included in the proceedings.
Chairs reserve the right to withhold a paper from the program if the author has refused to comply with the guidelines. Failure to comply with the conference deadlines or request for materials in advance may result in an author being dropped from the program.
May 3, 2017 Abstract Deadline
Late June, 2017 Abstract Notification
October 12-14, 2017 ACSA Fall Conference in Marfa, CROSSINGS BETWEEN THE PROXIMATE AND REMOTE
November 15, 2017 Final Full-paper Deadline for Proceedings Publication
For questions please contact: