2018-2019 TIMBER IN THE CITY: Urban Habitat Competition
International Student Design Competition
NEW THIS YEAR
Complete a separate registration for each individual or team entry.
A faculty sponsor, from an ACSA member school, is required to enroll students by completing an online registration form prior to the registration deadline of April 3, 2019. Complete one online form for each individual student or team of students participating. Students or teams wishing to enter the competition on their own must have a faculty sponsor, who should complete the online registration form. There is no entry or submission fee to participate in the competition. Each student will receive a confirmation submission email that will include personal URL for final online submission. Students or teams wishing to enter the challenge on their own must have a faculty sponsor, who should complete the form. Please add the email address email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure that you receive all emails regarding your participation in the competition.
During registration faculty will have the ability to add students and create teams. Registration is required by April 3, 2019, but can be changed, edited and added to until a student begins their final submission.
- Faculty log into the ACSA website,
- Click the Register Now button,
- Select the 2019 Timber Competition from the submission type dropdown menu & Click “Enter”,
- Add an individual student. You will need to know each student’s first & last Names, email, & institution, which are all required fields for each student. Click “Save”.
- If this is a team registration, you may add additional students to this team, Teams must be limited to a maximum of five students.
- Once the individual student or team is complete, Click “Complete this Registration”,
- Repeat steps 3 – 6 for each individual or team.
The administration of the competition at each institution is left to the discretion of the faculty within the guidelines set forth in this document. Research and design work on the competition should be structured over the course one or more semesters of the 2018-2019 academic year.
ONLINE PROJECT SUBMISSION
The entrant is required to submit the final project. It must be uploaded through the ACSA Competition website at www.acsa-arch.org by 11:59 pm, Pacific Time, on May 22, 2019. If the submission is from a team, all team members will have the ability to upload the digital files. Once the final submit button is pressed, no additional edits, uploads, or changes can be made. Once the final submission is uploaded and submitted, each student will receive a confirmation email notification. You may “save” your submission and return to complete. Please note: the submission is not complete until the “complete this submission” button has been clicked.
A final submission upload must contain the following:
- Completed online registration including all team members and faculty sponsors
- Four 20” x 30” (portrait format) boards uploaded individually as a high resolution Portable Document Format (PDF) or image (JPEG) files
- A design essay or abstract, 300 words maximum (copy/pasted into the text box during submission)
Incomplete or undocumented entries will be disqualified. Winning projects will be required to submit high resolution original files/images for use in competition publications and exhibit materials.
* By uploading your files, you agree ACSA has the rights to use your winning submission, images and materials in a summary publication, online and in promotional and exhibition resources. ACSA will contribute authorship of the winning design to you, your team, faculty and affiliation. Additionally, you hereby warrant that the submission is original and that you are the author(s) of the submission.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Program updates, including information on jury members as they are confirmed, may be found on the ACSA web site at www.acsa-arch.org.
Additional questions on the competition program and submissions should be addressed to:
ACSA, Programs Manager
Eric W. Ellis
ACSA, Director of Operations and Programs