| || REGISTRATION |
A faculty sponsor, from an ACSA member school, is required to enroll students by completing an online registration form prior to the registration deadline of April 3, 2019. Complete one online form for each individual student or team of students participating. Students or teams wishing to enter the competition on their own must have a faculty sponsor, who should complete the online registration form. There is no entry or submission fee to participate in the competition. Each student will receive a confirmation submission email that will include personal URL for final online submission. Students or teams wishing to enter the challenge on their own must have a faculty sponsor, who should complete the form. Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com to your address book to ensure that you receive all emails regarding your participation in the competition.
During registration faculty will have the ability to add students and create teams. Registration is required by April 3, 2019, but can be changed, edited and added to until a student begins their final submission.
- Faculty log into the ACSA website,
- Click the Register Now button,
- Select the 2019 Steel Competition from the submission type dropdown menu & Click “Enter”,
- Add an individual student. You will need to know each student’s first & last Names, email, & institution, which are all required fields for each student. Click “Save”.
- If this is a team registration, you may add additional students to this team, Teams must be limited to a maximum of five students.
- Once the individual student or team is complete, Click “Complete this Registration”,
- Repeat steps 3 – 6 for each individual or team.
A program summary diagram/text of spaces and areas is required as part of the submission. All interior and exterior spaces are to be included; total net and gross areas are required.
FACULTY RESPONSIBILITY ONLINE PROJECT SUBMISSION
The administration of the competition at each institution is left to the discretion of the faculty within the guidelines set forth in this document. Work on the competition should be structured over the course of one semester during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Each faculty sponsor is expected to develop a system to evaluate the students’ work using the criteria set forth in this program. The evaluation process should be an integral part of the design process, encouraging students to scrutinize their work in a manner similar to that of the jury.
The student is required to submit the final entries that must be uploaded through the ACSA Competition website at www.acsa-arch.org by 11:59 pm, Pacific Time, on May 22, 2019. If the submission is from a team of students, all student team members will have the ability to upload the digital files. Once the final submit button is pressed no additional edits, uploads, or changes can be made. You may “save” your submission and return to complete. For team projects, each member of team projects may submit the final project, but each project should be submitted only once. Once the final submission is uploaded and submitted, each student will receive a confirmation email notification.
The final submission upload must contain the following:
The names of student participants, their schools and faculty sponsors must NOT appear on the boards, abstract, program summary, or in the file name.
- Completed online registration including all team members and faculty sponsors,
- Each of the four 20”x20” boards uploaded individually as high resolution JPEG files,
- A design essay or abstract,
- A program summary diagram/text of spaces and areas (300 words maximum).
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Program updates, including information on jury members as they are confirmed, may be found on the ACSA web site at www.acsa-arch.org/competitions. Additional questions on the competition program and submissions should be addressed to:
Eric Wayne Ellis
Senior Director of Operations and Programs
LINKS & DOWNLOADS
+ 2018-2019 Steel Competition
+ 2018-2019 Steel Design Student Competition Program (PDF)