Alfred State SUNY College of Technology
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
About Alfred State College:
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth.
The Architecture and Design Department is seeking dynamic and qualified individuals to teach in the Department of Architecture & Design in following programs; Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology, Associates of Applied Science in Architectural Technology and Associates of Applied Science in Interior Design.
The ideal candidate is:
- A capable teacher who is comfortable working directly with students in the classroom and studio and who can develop dynamic projects and content that challenge students from an applied learning and critical thinking perspective and that also meet NAAB student performance criteria.
- Invested in the Alfred State College community and a ready, willing, and able participant in the life of the department, our students, campus, and community including actively advising and mentoring students, and participating in weekend campus tours.
- Proficient and comfortable with technology (hardware and software) programs used in architectural firms and practice and willing to keep current on advancements in professional and instructional technology.
- Actively involved in practice, research, and other scholarly pursuits. Has earned at minimum a terminal degree in Architecture (M.Arch.) or is ABD or has earned an advanced degree (Ph.D., D.Arch, etc.) in a cognate discipline.
- Willing to join an established team of educators and practicing professionals as a flexible new faculty member willing to productively engage the culture of the department and its stakeholders and to demonstrate leadership capacity when appropriate.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/university-police/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
All applicants must upload a letter of interest and resume.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3hrcqypxk7wtdmn3