| Faire carrière à l’UdeM
Professor of Architecture
Faculté de l’aménagement / École d’architecture
Faculty of Environnemental Design / School of Architecture
The School of Architecture at Université de Montréal is part of the university’s Faculty of Environmental Design. It offers both an undergraduate and a professional graduate program in architecture. In addition, faculty members supervise students in the individualized PhD program in architecture and participate actively in graduate study programs in environmental design. The School’s diverse research groups help fulfil its mission to contribute to the dynamism and renewal of the discipline. Their activities are presented on the School's web site http://architecture.umontreal.ca/. The School of Architecture is one of eleven accredited schools of architecture in Canada. The language of instruction is French.
A renowned university
Founded in 1878, Université de Montréal, along with its two affiliated schools, École Polytechnique and HEC Montréal, is now the largest university in Quebec and the second largest in Canada. With over 60,000 students from around the world, Université de Montréal awards more than 11,000 diplomas every year. Deeply rooted in Montreal and dedicated to its international mission, Université de Montréal is one of the top universities in the French-speaking world.
The School of Architecture in the Faculty of Environmental Design is seeking a full-time professor at the rank of assistant or associate professor.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in architectural creativity, excellent teaching skills in architectural design, as well as an ability to build bridges between the classroom or design studio and a research program focusing on the theory and advancement of architectural practice, in at least one of the two following fields:
- Architectural design and digital practices
- Architectural design and contemporary building practices
- Establishment, development and publication of a research program in at least one of the two areas of expertise identified for this position.
- Teaching in design studio, seminars and lecture classes within the School’s professional programs in architecture; supervision of PhD students.
- Contribution to academic life and the functioning of the university.
- Contribution to the university’s reputation and scientific reach.
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Doctorate in one of the two areas of expertise identified for this position, or equivalent professional and research experience.
- Dossier of awards, distinctions and publications related to the candidate’s professional and research experience.
- Excellence in teaching at university level, particularly in architectural design, to be demonstrated by a portfolio of student projects.
Information about the position
Posting Number AME 02-17/2
Deadline Before May 1, 2017, or until filled.
Treatment The University of Montreal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits.
Starting date On or after December 1, 2017.
Interested candidates should submit:
1) a description of their teaching interests and their research program,
2) a curriculum vitae,
3) examples of published research,
4) where relevant, a portfolio including a selection of significant professional projects,
5) a portfolio of student work carried out under the candidate’s pedagogical supervision,
6) three letters of reference.
All documents must be sent by email to the address below, preferably before May 1, 2017. The position will remain open until is it filled.
Mr. Jacques Lachapelle, Chair
École d’architecture, Faculté de l’aménagement
Université de Montréal
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-ville
Montréal (Québec) H3C 3J7
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to French Version: http://architecture.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/ARC/%C3%89cole/Offres-emploi/AME02-17_affichage_profARC2017_Francais.pdf
* Language Policy: Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy, Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French
The Université de Montréal application process allows all regular professors in the Department to have access to all documents unless the applicant explicitly states in her or his cover letter that access to the application should be limited to the selection committee. This restriction on accessibility will be lifted if the applicant is invited for an interview.
Equal Access Employment Program
Through its Equal Access Employment Program, Université de Montréal invites women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their applications. During the recruitment process, our selection tools can be adapted to the specific needs of a person with disabilities, if requested. Rest assured of the confidentiality of this information.
Université de Montréal promotes inclusion and diversity of its staff and also encourages people of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply at Université de Montréal. However, in accordance with the Canadian immigration requirements, please note that priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Faire carrière à l’UdeM : aider la société, relever des défis et être considéré