Kansas State University
Kansas State University
Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Professor in Furniture Design/ Industrial Design or Furniture Design/ Interior Architecture
Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design (IAID) at Kansas State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position for the academic year beginning August 2022. The appointment will be at the rank of assistant or associate professor. Kansas State University is a land grant institution and candidates should be committed to a tripartite mission of teaching, creative and/or scholarly research, and service. We offer two Masters degrees, one in Interior Architecture the other a Masters of Industrial Design degree established in the Fall of 2020. Both degree programs are augmented by our award-winning Furniture Design curriculum. The active learning environment of IAID provides students with an extraordinary education interweaving multiple disciplines of design into two strong programs of study.
The main emphasis of this position is Furniture Design with a background in either Industrial Design or Interior Architecture. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to teach in design studios across the curriculum. The candidate should be able to develop courses and/ or teach in one or more of the following areas, beginning design studies, visual communications, or design theory.
Creative and Scholarly Agenda
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop research and creative scholarship based on their teaching and/or creative interests/professional expertise.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications
• Master’s degree or higher in Interior Architecture, Industrial Design, Product Design, Furniture Design, or related field.
• Ability to develop a scholarly/creative agenda related to their academic/professional expertise.
• Ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate design studios across the curriculum and capable to serve in a design studio leadership role.
• Ability to develop and teach lectures and seminars in one or more required areas of our curriculum.
• Experience and knowledge of industry standard of 2D and 3D CAD modeling software.
• Three or more years of creative and/or professional practice experience in Furniture Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Interior Architecture, and/or a related field.
• Diverse design background and ability to teach design thinking at multiple scales.
• Established teaching record and/or scholarly/creative agenda.
• Record of service to the academic and/or professional communities.
Apply through the following link.