Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Architecture (Digital Representation and Fabrication)
The School of Architecture and Built Environment at Deakin University, Geelong, Australia, is seeking applicants for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Architecture (Digital Representation and Fabrication). The successful candidate will support the School through teaching and research that consolidates and expands the internationally recognized work going on in the School.
Deakin’s School of Architecture is located at the Geelong Waterfront Campus in a beautiful, award winning building. The School of Architecture and Built Environment is home to over 1800 students and approximately 60 faculty offering degrees Architecture, Construction Management and Landscape Architecture. The School is housed within the Faculty Science, Engineering and Built Environment.
The Senior Lecturer in Architecture (Digital Representation and Fabrication) will be responsible for teaching, research and new initiatives in digital media, digital representation, digital fabrication, computation, simulation or other related areas. The School seeks an individual committed to advancing research, practice and pedagogy in such areas of expertise. The position will require applicants to maintain active scholarship consisting of peer-reviewed research, awards recognition, and funded research grants.
The successful candidate will be expected to exhibit a well-articulated and critical design pedagogy and teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels, including design studio, lecture and seminar-based courses in their area of expertise.
- PhD in relevant field and professional experience and/or licensure
- Demonstrated ability of superior design and representation skills, clarity in communication and collaboration in the design studio.
- Experience in integrating innovative teaching practices in one or more of the following: 3D modelling and visualization, animation, programming, parametric design, building information modelling, advanced visualisation using virtual and augmented reality and digital fabrication.
- Successful record of research and publications in an area aligned with the school focus on “Integral Design Futures”.
- Ability to collaborate and integrate multi-disciplinary knowledge in traditional and project-based research.
- Experience in developing curricula, resources and advanced design pedagogy in design studios and lecture courses to reflect an understanding of digital representation, computation and fabrication in architecture and the built environment.
Please see the link below for the full position description:
Applications for this position close 20 February 2020