Arizona State University
Arizona State University
Joint Tenure/Tenure – Track Faculty Positions
The Design School and the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment at Arizona State University seek applicants for one or more joint tenure/tenure-track faculty positions in the area of Architecture of Extreme Environments and Building (Innovation) Resiliency beginning fall 2023. They are anticipated to be joint appointments between The Design School in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts and the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, depending on experience.
We seek applicants who complement our abilities in designing, constructing and advancing sustainable built environments that are coherently integrated with social and natural systems.
The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, develop and sustain a research program consistent with a tenure-track position, and engage in service within the institution and the profession.
- Earned doctorate in Architecture, Design and the Environment, Building Science, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline by the time of appointment;
- Ability to contribute to the charter and mission of ASU, including our commitment to excellence and equity;
- Evidence of excellence and innovation in research and teaching;
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in creative activity and research, teaching and/or service.
- Commitment to exploring the current and future role of architecture, construction, and architectural technology in environmentally and socially responsible design practices;
- Ability to obtain collaborative, transdisciplinary research funding;
- Experience developing and teaching interdisciplinary courses;
- Interest or experience in teaching and learning in online and hybrid modalities.
Instructions to Apply:
Please submit the following information through Interfolio:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement describing research interests (two pages maximum)
- Statement describing teaching interests and philosophy (two pages maximum)
- Statement about diversity, equity and inclusion as it relates to your teaching and research endeavors* (two pages maximum)
- Contact information for three references including name, e-mail address, and telephone number.
Applications must be submitted electronically via Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/117045