Faculty Position in Department of Architecture
Department of Architecture at Bilkent University invites applications for full-time appointments at the rank of all levels (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor) starting Fall 2021. We seek to hire both research and practice-based positions. These positions are open until they are filled.
Bilkent University, being the first private, nonprofit university in Turkey, was founded in 1984 with the fundamental aim of creating a center of excellence in higher education and research. The aim of Department of Architecture is to graduate students with architectural skills that will enable them to practice all around the world. Design studios rest at the core of the architectural curriculum, which also comprises courses in mathematics, physics, arts and culture. Moreover, the courses within the curriculum put emphasis on issues of energy efficiency, environmental concerns, sustainability, and preservation of historical heritage. The medium of education is English.
Faculty members are expected to engage in creative teaching, in addition to scholarly research, and service. Candidates are expected to teach a lecture course in one of the following areas in addition to an architectural design studio:
– Architectural history, theory and criticism
– Building construction and materials
– Building technologies, environmental systems
– Computer applications, digital design and computation
– Structural design and structures
Qualifications for research based positions:
- Ph.D. degree in architecture or related fields
- Strong research experience and publication record in indexed journals.
Qualifications for practice-based positions:
- Ph.D. degree in architecture is preferred, but not a must
- Strong portfolio
- International publications
Interested applicants can fill the application form online from the link below:
For more information about Department of Architecture at Bilkent University: