Prince Sultan University
Prince Sultan University
Number of Faculty Required: 5
The Architecture Eng. Program is seeking applicants with the rank of Assistant Professor, for the up-coming Academic Year 2019/2020 which starts in August 2020. The positions are open until fulfilled.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE.
The position requires a PhD Degree in Architecture from an accredited university with at least two years of teaching experience. Professional experience is also desirable. The candidate should teach both studios and theoretical subjects, she should demonstrate expertise
– Foundation Design
– Integrated Design
– Graphical representation
– History and theory
– Technology and Building Construction
The candidate is expected to be familiar with software used in Architecture (AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, 3D Max, Adobe). Preference will be given to candidates with: BSc and MSc in architecture; an international education in a ranked university in the QS system based on the American or European curriculum; a strong record of research indexed in Scopus/ISI.
Duties: essential responsibility includes teaching according to the rank, research, student advising, and administration.
To have full consideration provide:
1. a cover letter which explains the interest in the position and teaching philosophy (max 1000 words)
2. Academic transcripts
3. Portfolio of students works/professional achievements
4. One sample of syllabus
5. At least 2 published papers in relevant journals (Scopus, ISI, etc.) in the correspondent field
6. A research agenda (max 1000 words)
7. At least two references with contact info
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
1. We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
2. Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
3. Transport allowance;
4. Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
5. Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
6. Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
7. End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone. Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia, and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
Computer and Information Systems
Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
Architecture and Interior Design
English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Master in Computer information Systems
Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS).
Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Please visit our website: www.psu.edu.sa if you wish to learn more about PSU.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information, please contact the Chairperson Dr Fiorella Vanini firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply with a cover letter to:
(Please write this code in the SUBJECT of your email: PSU2020ARC, otherwise your information will not be identify by the system)