CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
2020 ACSA Appointee to the NAAB Board of Directors
Deadline: February 19, 2020
The ACSA Nominations Committee invites nominations for one appointee to the NAAB Board of Directors. The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) is comprised of thirteen members: three appointed by ACSA, three appointed by AIA, three appointed by NCARB, two appointed by AIAS, and two public members. Currently, John Cays (New Jersey Institute of Technology), Marilys Nepomechie (Florida International University), and Rebecca O’Neal Dagg (Auburn University) are the ACSA appointees to the NAAB Board.
The appointment is for a three-year term (October 2020 – October 2023) and calls for a person willing and able to make a commitment to NAAB. Previous experience with ACSA as a board member or volunteer is considered helpful but is not required for nomination. Similarly, experience on NAAB visiting teams is considered helpful but not a requirement. NAAB is in the process of revising its accreditation conditions and procedures to rely more on program self-assessment. Relevant experience with educational assessment and self-assessment is thus desirable. Faculty and administrators are invited to nominate faculty from an ACSA full member school with some or all of the following qualifications:
- Tenured faculty status at an ACSA full member school;
- Significant experience with and knowledge of the accreditation process;
- Significant acquaintance with and knowledge of ACSA, its history, programs, and administrative structure;
- Significant acquaintance with the range of school and program types across North America;
- Willingness to represent the constituency of ACSA on accreditation-related issues; and
- Ability to work with the NAAB and ACSA boards to build consensus on accreditation-related issues.
For consideration, please submit a concise letter of nomination or self-nomination outlining the nominee’s interest and experience, a two-page CV indicating the nominee’s experience under the above headings, and, if not a self-nomination, a letter from the nominee indicating a willingness to serve. Materials are due by February 19, 2020.
Nominations should be sent by email attachment in PDF format to Michelle Sturges, Membership Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: NAAB Director.