CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ACSA Representative on NAAB Board of Directors
Deadline: February 8, 2012
(originally posted on Jan. 4, 2012, reposted on Feb. 6, 2012)
The 2012-2013 National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) will comprise thirteen members: three representing ACSA, three representing AIA, three representing NCARB, two representing AIAS, and two public members. Currently Keelan Kaiser of Judson University; Theodore Landsmark of Boston Architectural College; and Nathaniel Belcher of Pennsylvania State University, represent ACSA on the NAAB Board. With the expiration of Keelan Kaiser’s term in October 2012, the ACSA Board of Directors is considering candidates for his successor at its meeting this March in Boston, MA.
The appointment is for a three-year term (Oct. 2012 – Oct. 2015) and calls for a person willing and able to make a commitment to NAAB. While previous experience as an ACSA board member or administrator is helpful, it is not essential for nomination. Some experience on NAAB visiting teams should be considered necessary; otherwise the nominee might be unfamiliar with the highly complex series of deliberations involved with this position. Faculty and administrators are asked to nominate faculty from an ACSA member school with any or all the following qualifications:
- Tenured faculty status at an ACSA full member school;
- Significant experience with and knowledge of the accreditation process;
- Significant acquaintance with and knowledge of ACSA, its history, policy programs, and administrative structure;
- Personal acquaintance with the range of school and program types across North America.
- Willingness to represent the constituency of ACSA on accreditation related issues.
- Ability to work with the NAAB board and ACSA representatives to build consensus on accreditation related issues.
For consideration, please submit a concise letter of nomination along with a CV indicating experience under the above headings, and a letter indicating willingness to serve from the nominee, by February 8, 2012.
Nominations should be sent to:
Email (preferred): Eric Ellis, ACSA Director of Operations and Programs at email@example.com
ACSA, Board Nominations
1735 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006