Intersections Between the Academy and Practice:
Applied Research in Architecture Education that Advances Practice
Co-Chairs: Gregory Kessler, FAIA, Washington State University & Stephen Vogel, FAIA, University of Detroit Mercy
May 13, 2015 | Atlanta, GA
Call for Abstracts (Deadline Passed)
Authors should prepare 500-words abstracts, with up to 3 supporting images, for blind peer review.
Four theme areas are available for submission:
- Healthy and Resilient Communities: Including response to natural disasters as well as economic resilience and civic engagement.
- Materials and Fabrication: Investigations into architectural applications of new materials and fabrication technologies.
- Applied Research that expands the domain of architecture and extends the value of the built environment.
- Open Category: Other research areas relevant to the theme are also encouraged.
Selection of presenters will be based upon the following criteria:
- Clarity of abstract and identification of specific research questions and learning objectives.
- Relevance of research to advance the profession.
- Abstracts that demonstrate direct applicability to the profession through data, resources, and metrics will be given highest priority.
- Ability to communicate to a contingent of diverse interests.
Three reviewers will evaluate each abstract, and all submitting authors will receive comments at the end of the review process. Accepted authors will develop papers and submit their text and images to the ACSA website by May 1, 2015, prior to presentation at the AIA Convention in Atlanta. Authors will receive complimentary registration to the convention and the conference (which is available to other convention participants for an extra charge). Authors will submit final papers and images to the ACSA website by May 30 for publication in a digital proceedings.
+ Download the Call for Abstracts PDF
|January 7, 2015 || || Submission deadline: abstracts must be submitted through the ACSA website |
|February 23, 2015 || || Notifications sent |
|May 1, 2015 || || Final presentation text due |
|May 13, 2015 || || Conference presentations |
|June 3, 2015 || || Final papers due: digital submission through the ACSA website |
If you are already an ACSA member, please log into the website to submit your abstract. If you are not an ACSA member or do not have ACSA credentials, please send an email to Angela DeGeorge, email@example.com, to request access to the submission portal.
For questions please contact:
|Angela DeGeorge |