| ||An intention of all ACSA competitions is to make students aware that research is a fundamental element of any design solution. Students are encouraged to research material properties and methods of steel construction, as well as precedent projects that demonstrate innovative use of structural steel. |
STEEL VIDEO RESOURCES
- What is AESS - VIDEO
- Steel Coatings & Protection - VIDEO
- Steel Connections - VIDEO
- Custom Steel - VIDEO
- Tension: Force Differentiated Structural Steel Design - VIDEO
- Span: Exploiting the Tensile Strength of Steel - VIDEO
STEEL CONSTRUCTION REFERENCES
- AISC website: AISC provides information on structural steel including publications and technical resources at www.aisc.org. A subsite of AISC provides special resources for architects on topics such as sustainability, accelerated construction, resilience, design flexibility, case studies, and more. Visit www.whysteel.org to view these resources.
- Modern Steel Construction: This authoritative monthly magazine is made available online free of charge. This magazine covers the use of fabricated structural steel in the variety of structural types. It presents information on the newest and most advanced applications of structural steel in a wide range of structures. Issues of Modern Steel Construction (1996 - Present) are available online. Visit www.modernsteel.com to view them.
- Terri Meyer Boake. Understanding Steel Design: An Architectural Design Manual. (Birkhäuser 2013)
- John Fernandez. Material Architecture. (Spon Press, 2006)
- Victoria Bell and Patrick Rand. Materials for Design 2. (Princeton Architectural Press, 2014)
- Shulitz, Habermann, Sobek. Steel Construction Manual. (Birkhäuser Basel 2000)
- Annette LeCuyer. Steel and Beyond. (Birkhäuser Basel 2003)
- Lyall, Sutherland. Remarkable Structure: Engineering today’s Innovative Buildings. (Princeton Architectural Press, 2002)
URBAN FOOD REFERENCES
- "USDA Blog » Getting to Scale with Regional Food Hubs". blogs.usda.gov. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- "Food Value Chains and Food Hubs: Supporting Local Producers Through Collaborative Planning, Aggregation, and Distribution | Agricultural Marketing Service". www.ams.usda.gov. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- "Food Hubs: Supply Chain Traceability to Enhance Local Food Systems". Food Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal. 3.
- Berti, Giaime; Mulligan, Catherine (2016-07-01). "Competitiveness of Small Farms and Innovative Food Supply Chains: The Role of Food Hubs in Creating Sustainable Regional and Local Food Systems". Sustainability. 8 (7): 616. doi:10.3390/su8070616.
- "Findings of the 2013 National Food Hub Survey" (PDF).
* By uploading your files, you agree ACSA has the rights to use your winning submission, images and materials in a summary publication, online and in promotional and exhibition resources. ACSA will contribute authorship of the winning design to you, your team, faculty and affiliation. Additionally, you hereby warrant that the submission is original and that you are the author(s) of the submission.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Program updates, including information on jury members as they are confirmed, may be found on the ACSA web site at www.acsa-arch.org/competitions. Additional questions on the competition program and submissions should be addressed to:
Eric Wayne Ellis
Senior Director of Operations and Programs
+ 2020 Steel Competition