Submission Deadline: September 26, 2018
To recognize a specific creative achievement in teaching, design, scholarship, research, or service that advances architectural education.
Candidates in the area of teaching shall have had a positive stimulating influence upon students through a full course, course project, or course module. Candidates in areas of design, scholarship, or research shall have created a work or a project that provides significant insight into the understanding and advancement of architecture and architectural education. Candidates in the area of service shall have significant impact fostering and creating a work or project that provides a healthy environment for learning led to an understanding and appreciation of architectural education in the community at large.
Persons in ACSA full-member and candidate-member schools who are engaged in teaching may enter one or more submissions relevant to their educational activities. The achievement must have been accomplished during the period of appointment. Any faculty member, administrator, or student at an ACSA full-member and candidate-member school may nominate a candidate for the ACSA Creative Achievement Award. Projects that have previously been recognized by ACSA will not be considered.
All materials are to be submitted through the online system by the nominator or nominee; once the nomination is finalized all parties will receive a confirmation email. The résumé and supporting letters are best uploaded as PDF documents. The supporting material (portfolio) must not exceed a total of 20, 8.5x11 pages and be submitted in PDF format. All material must be submitted by September 26, 2018 at 5:00 pm EDT, online at www.acsa-arch.org and the submitter will need to login the ACSA website in order to submit.
Each submission shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Information, completed online during submission (www.acsa-arch.org);
- Letter of Nomination: A letter explaining the reasons for the nomination according to the established criteria, not to exceed one page (PDF format);
- Curated Résumé: A curated résumé for the candidate summarizing his or her career (not more than 10 pages in PDF Format);
- Supporting Letters: No more than three supporting letters from persons qualified to comment upon the significance of the specific achievements of the candidate (no more than 1 page each in separate PDF format);
- Supporting Material: Documents illustrating or describing the candidate’s achievements (not to exceed a total of 20, 8.5x11 pages, in PDF format).
Selection & Presentation
+ 2018-2019 Architectural Education Awards Program
The ACSA Awards Committee shall recommend to the ACSA board for approval no more than three individuals for this award per year. The committee, in any year, may choose not to bestow the Creative Achievement Award. ACSA shall present recipients with a certificate during the ACSA Annual Meeting and recipients will have the opportunity to present their work.
+ Past Recipients
2018-2019 CA Jurors
June Williamson, City College of New York
Rob Miller, University of Arizona
Kristy Balliet, SCI-Arc