Position: Architecture Faculty Positions
Multiple full-time faculty positions in the Department of Architecture, at the assistant or associate level, starting AY 2020-2021 in one or more of the following specializations: History and Theory, Building Science and/or Design. https://www.judsonu.edu/jobs/
- Conduct teaching, service, and scholarship within a private, Christian university of the professions and liberal arts and science
- Teach required coursework in one or more of the following areas: History and Theory, Building Science (one or more of the following areas: Building Envelope, M/E/P systems, Acoustics, Lighting, and Sustainable Environmental systems), and/or Design (e.g. Building Sciences, Digital Representation and Visualization, Sustainability, Urbanism, Digital Fabrication, etc.).
- Teach and consult in graduate and/or undergraduate architectural design studio as needed
- Conduct a research agenda that is integrated w/ teaching assignments
- Provide service to the program and the university in the form of student advising, committee assignments and maintaining office hours
- Depending on the specialization: History and Theory: PhD in Art or Architectural History (ABDs will be considered) ORequivalent; Building Science: M.Arch. or Master’s in Engineering (with significant industry experience), M.Arch with a concentration in Building Science, PhD OR equivalent; and/or Design: M. Arch. or equivalent.
- Collaborative skills to work with colleagues in the Department and throughout the University
- Proficiency in industry standard software
- Demonstration of an active and growing Christian faith
- Commitment to excellence in teaching within a Christ-centered academic community
- Architecture or Engineering license or eligibility for licensure in the US (or international equivalent)
- Teaching experience in a NAAB-accredited Architecture program
- LEED credential
- Membership in appropriate professional association
- Familiarity w/ digital/emerging technologies
Please find the full job postings, required application materials and submission details at the link below:
For full consideration, please submit all required materials by November 1, 2019. The position will remain open until filled. The appointment will begin in August 2020.