The Department of Architecture at Judson University seeks a new Chair to lead its B.A.A.S. and accredited M.Arch. programs starting in AY 2020. The new Chair will have the opportunity to provide vision to enhance the established excellence of our programs, support new programmatic initiatives, cultivate the faculty, serve student learning, align the work of the programs with the University’s strategic plan, and ensure its continued identity within an ethos of Christian education.
Distinctive characteristics of the program include a four-week study abroad experience in the third year of the B.A.A.S., and a one-year preceptorship built into the M.Arch. curriculum. Housed in a LEED Gold-certified building with the Department of Art and Design, the architecture curricula are taught in dedicated classrooms and studio space, along with a fabrications laboratory and woodshop. Judson is situated in Elgin, with easy access by train or highway to Chicago, just 40 miles to the east.
- Set Departmental goals that are aligned with the University mission and result from faculty collaboration
- Coordinate with campus-wide offices to magnify efforts for student recruitment and retention
- Create and sustain relationships between the programs and architecture firms (both local and across the country)
- Fulfill responsibilities of advising (normally for transfer students) and regular committee assignments (at least one policy committee)
- Teach a minimum of 6 credit hours per academic year in their area of disciplinary expertise
- Educational credentialing of an earned M.Arch. or equivalent
- Professional licensure or substantial body of research and understanding of licensure requirements and professional architecture culture
- Experience in higher education (or a professional architecture setting) that fulfills requirements of hiring at the level of associate or full professor
- Strengths in administration, including nurturing a collaborative environment with faculty that includes recruitment, mentoring, and retention
- Capacity for developing new programs, especially certificates and at the graduate level
Please find the full job posting, required application materials and submission details at the link below.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate is appointed. Only applications received by November 1, 2019 can be assured of full consideration.