University of Oklahoma - Norman
Herb Greene Teaching Fellowship
The University of Oklahoma
Christopher C. Gibbs College of Architecture
To honor the legacy of architect and alumnus Herb Greene, the Gibbs College of Architecture at the University of Oklahoma (OU) has created the Herb Greene Teaching Fellowship. Fellows will spend two years immersed in the creative community of the OU Division of Architecture. Fellows are required to teach three courses each year as well as develop a creative project or research agenda, which is showcased through a public lecture or exhibition. Fellows have the time and support to develop their creative activity and research as well as opportunities to grow as teachers. Fellows will have access to the incredible work produced by architects of the American School, now housed in the OU Libraries American School Archive.
The Division of Architecture in the Christopher C. Gibbs College of Architecture at the University of Oklahoma invites designers, architects and emerging scholars to apply for the Herb Greene Teaching Fellowship. This is a two-year full-time position beginning in August 2019.
Required Qualifications at the time of hire:
- At least one degree held by the candidate must be in architecture or design
- Experience teaching design and/or architecture students
- Experience working in an architecture office or evidence of an emerging research agenda
- Ability to teach a design studio in architecture
- Ability to thrive in a collegial and collaborative working environment
- Experience teaching architecture
- Professional registration/ licensure in architecture or a Ph.D. in architecture or a related field
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following materials:
- Cover letter which highlights relevant experiences and accomplishments, teaching philosophy, research intent, and service interests
- Current curriculum vitae
- Full contact information for two professional references (please indicate if these are to remain confidential)
- Those applicants considered to most closely meet the requirements of the position will be invited to provide additional information such as a digital portfolio
- All application materials may be submitted via this link: https://apply.interfolio.com/64459
Review of applications will begin on July 1st 2019 and continue until position is filled. For questions please contact Stephanie Pilat email@example.com.