The Arts & Humanities division at Bellevue College, WA is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time tenure track faculty position in the Interior Design department. The instructor performs duties and functions under the general direction of the Provost of Academic and Student Affairs and is responsible primarily to the Arts & Humanities Division Dean.
The ideal candidate would be a dedicated, experienced, open-minded, and motivated individual, providing leadership, engagement, and discipline expertise in continuing to move the program forward in innovative ways. They will demonstrate commitment to advancing the interior design body of knowledge, and building relationships with students and/or colleagues from varied ethnicities, ages, backgrounds, learning styles, and abilities. A record of community service and outreach is also an important consideration in helping to achieve our instructional and program leadership goals. As an instructor in the Interior Design Department, the individual is responsible for teaching lecture and studio courses to students from varied ethnicities, ages, backgrounds, learning styles, and abilities. Courses may include but are not limited to foundation and upper division studios; architectural and building technology; digital media and visual communications, theory, history, and practices.
• Master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution in interior design, architecture, interior architecture, environmental design, or industrial design.
• Three years of experience teaching in higher education
• Three years of professional experience in interior design, architecture, interior architecture, environmental design, or industrial design
• Experience using industry-standard digital design media
• Philosophy of education appropriate to serve the needs of the diverse population of Bellevue College
• Experience in integrating diversity, pluralism, and inclusion into teaching and learning, or equivalent transferable skills to do so
• Familiarity with CIDA standards, NCIDQ certification, and their relevance to interior design education and practice.
Application received by 05/03/19 to receive a first consideration. This position will begin Fall Quarter, 2019.
To apply, go to https://apptrkr.com/1421573 and review the full job announcement, required documents to be attached, and full application instructions.