Dunwoody College of Technology
Located in the urban center of Minneapolis, Minnesota, our program is a product of a strong design culture and professional community. Students engage in a curriculum built on a strong technical base balanced by comprehensive design skills. Graduates are directly prepared to critically strengthen the profession, discipline and art of Interior Design.
Dunwoody offers curricular and extracurricular integration with other programs within the college including architecture, construction management, engineering manufacturing, and graphic design. Preferred candidates will possess the ability to effectively teach students in both architecture and interior design.
In addition, the Interior Design program forwards the college’s core principle of hands on learning through access to its numerous labs. Faculty and students engage in making throughout the curriculum through its materials resource library, digital fabrication lab, metrology and 3D printing lab, welding lab, machining and tooling stations, automotive finishing booths, and woodshop. Preferred candidates will demonstrate an ability to engage in multiple design, building and making technologies with competency, agility and inquiry.
The Program also holds global perspective as a core value and offers students and faculty opportunities for study abroad, travel study, and service learning initiatives. To date, the program has engaged in Public Interest Design projects and research in Italy, Spain, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Cuba. Preferred candidates will possess experience in global practice, research or teaching.
- Developing curriculum within assigned course of instruction.
- Assisting in maintaining equipment within assigned program.
- Participating in national and local, academic and professional organizations.
- Fostering a studio culture in line with the Program’s policies.
- Monitoring and assessing technical and academic progress and performance.
- Assisting in programmatic assessment and curriculum health.
- Assisting in the recruitment of faculty and guest lecturers.
- Assisting in the resolution of student and/or faculty issues.
- Advising students.
- Participating in College and University academic leadership activities.
- Assisting in accreditation reviews.
- Participating in travel study programs.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Interior Architecture
- Master’s or Doctoral degree
- NCIDQ certification
- 3-5 years as a faculty member in a CIDA or NAAB accredited program
- 5-8 years of professional practice in architecture/interior design
To apply directly to Dunwoody, visit our job posting: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=24671&clientkey=F4E74436BD4937B0C6F1EBFAB73120B0