German University in Cairo
The Architecture and Urban Design Program at the German University in Cairo (GUC), invites applicants for winter 2019.
We are looking for a personality with a passion for teaching and research in the field of Housing. The candidate should have relevant experience in architectural projects in a responsible position outside of a university and be ardent about sharing this advanced knowledge in different educational formats at both undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to the professional work executed, candidates must possess a record of accomplishments demonstrating outstanding scholarly and educational activities.
The successful candidate will
- Teach Introducing housing theories in the undergraduate program and advanced elective courses on innovative housing design
- Lead design studios with emphasis on housing
- Supervising bachelor/master/PhD theses in the field
- actively participate in the further development of the curriculum and the internationalization of the program
- contribute to applied research and technology and knowledge-transfer projects
Requirements • university degree in architecture
• at least five years of experience in the development and realization of architectural projects
• pedagogical aptitude and university teaching experience
• ability to do academic research as evidenced by corresponding publications
• ability to lecture and teach in English
• a PhD or PhD-equivalent experience is a prerequisite
What we offer
The GUC Architecture and Urban design Program was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive architecture programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program offers the opportunity to engage in one of most dynamic urbanization corridors globally. The newly established design centre presents various possibilities to engage in real client projects. For more information please visit our website http://architecture.guc.edu.eg/
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ (max. 5 MB).
Submissions will be reviewed starting on 27th of February 2019, but applications are welcome until the position is filled.