German University in Cairo
Architectural Design and Building Construction
The Architecture and Urban Design Program at the German University in Cairo (GUC), invitesapplicants for winter 2019.
We are looking for a personality with a passion for teaching and research in the field of architecture and building construction with a strong focus on sustainability. The Architecture and Building Technology Department is defined by an integrated approach where building construction is considered an essential part of any design. The candidate should have relevant experience in the design and construction of architectural projects in a responsible position outside of a university and be ardent about sharing this advanced knowledge in different educational formats at both undergraduate and graduate levels. She/he shows a holistic and interdisciplinary approach to architectural design in line with current developments in building construction. In addition to the professional work executed, candidates must possess a record of accomplishments demonstrating outstanding scholarly and educational activities.
The successful candidate will • teach foundation courses, design studios and seminars with a focus on construction at all levels
• supervise bachelor, master and PhD theses
• teach with a focus on innovative climate-adaptive building concepts
• actively participate in the further development of the curriculum and the internationalization of the program
• contribute to applied research and technology and knowledge-transfer projects
Requirements • university degree in architecture
• at least five years of experience in the development and realization of architectural projects
• pedagogical aptitude and university teaching experience
• ability to do academic research as evidenced by corresponding publications
• ability to lecture and teach in English
• a PhD or PhD-equivalent experience is a prerequisite
What we offer
The program was founded in 2010 and is one of the most attractive architecture programs in Egypt. Please visit our website http://architecture.guc.edu.eg/
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their project portfolio, curriculum vitae, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, a list of publications and names of three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ (max. 5 MB).
Submissions will be reviewed starting on 27th of February 2019, but applications are welcome until the position is filled.