German University in Cairo
The Architecture and Urban Design Program at the German University in Cairo (GUC), invitesapplicants for winter 2019.
We are looking for a personality with a passion for teaching and research in the field of Architectural Design. The candidate should have relevant experience in architectural projects in a responsible position outside of a university and be ardent about sharing this advanced knowledge in different educational formats at both undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to the professional work executed, candidates must possess a record of accomplishments demonstrating outstanding scholarly and educational activities.
The successful candidate will
- teach architectural theory and design at various levels of the undergraduate and graduate
- Introduce students to the existing body of architectural design knowledge
- engage in the contemporary architectural design discourse both in teaching and research within the specific context of Egypt and internationally
- lead architectural design studios at undergraduate and graduate levels
- offering elective courses on innovative architectural design
- supervise bachelor/master/PhD theses
- actively participate in the further development of the curriculum and the internationalization of the program
- contribute to applied research and technology and knowledge-transfer projects
Requirements • university degree in architecture
• at least five years of experience in the development and realization of architectural projects
• pedagogical aptitude and university teaching experience
• ability to do academic research as evidenced by corresponding publications
• ability to lecture and teach in English
• a PhD or PhD-equivalent experience is a prerequisite
What we offer
The program was founded in 2010 and is one of the most attractive architecture programs in Egypt. Please visit our website http://architecture.guc.edu.eg/
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ (max. 5 MB).
Submissions will be reviewed starting on 27th of February 2019, but applications are welcome until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)