The School of Architecture at Dalhousie University invites applications for three half-time tenure stream positions as Assistant Professor in Architectural Design and Practice (50% FTE).
The candidates should demonstrate excellence in design teaching and professional architectural practice, as evidenced by a dossier of teaching and design accomplishment. The following qualifications are required: a professional graduate degree in architecture (MArch or equivalent); professional registration as an architect; a distinguished record in teaching; and excellence in architectural design practice (evident in built works, publications, exhibitions, and awards). Preference will be given to applicants with a teaching and research focus in one of the following areas: Urban Design, Public-Interest Design, Design Technologies, Design-Build, or Sustainable Design. The anticipated start date is July 2019.
Descriptions of the School of Architecture are available at http://dal.ca/architecture.
Please prepare a digital application package with the following items:
• A letter that describes your areas of expertise and interest in teaching and in professional practice, in relation to a career-stream position at Dalhousie (2 pages);
• your contact information and curriculum vitae (5–10 pages);
• names and contact details for three arms-length referees: at least one from academia and at least one from practice.
• a dossier of your teaching work (e.g. syllabi, student outcomes, 10–20 pages);
• a portfolio of your professional architectural design work, publications and research (10–20 pages).
• A completed Self-Identification Questionnaire: www.dal.ca/becounted/selfid
Please upload the completed package to a file sharing site (Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc.) and share it with Ken.Rice@dal.ca
You may contact Ken Rice for the full advertisement. Review of applications will begin on January 30, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.