The Department of Interior Design within the College of Design at Iowa State University is seeking a full-time (9 month), tenure-track assistant professor or tenure eligible associate professor with demonstrated ability to teach design studios as well as lecture/seminar courses in one or more areas of specialization. Applicants must demonstrate competency and scholarship, or potential for scholarship, in one or more areas of specialization. For example:
• Studio specialization/practice (commercial/contract/workplace design, globalization and multi-cultural design, residential, experimental interior design, institutional design for education/government, furniture design, or other areas)
• Computer visualization and virtual reality, design communication (hand and digital drafting, rendering, and sketching; rapid visualization; graphic representation; verbal; written)
• Building codes (International Building codes, Fire codes, and ADA)
• Interior materials and technology
• Interior design history
• Color theory
• Other areas of expertise.
The position offers opportunities to work with undergraduate and graduate students. Responsibilities include: teaching undergraduate design lectures, studios, and seminar courses; maintaining an active record of creative research and scholarship in interior design related areas; assisting in maintaining CIDA accreditation; advising undergraduate students; mentoring and teaching graduate students, and participating in service activities within the department, college, and university.
The Department of Interior Design is a vibrant program in the College of Design. It is CIDA accredited, and one of seven distinguished departments within the College, along with Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Art and Visual Culture, Landscape Architecture, and Community and Regional Planning.
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 34,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
To view a complete position description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.iastatejobs.com/postings/37332.
Iowa State University is an EO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Vets status.