Oxford Brookes University
Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
This post, based in the School of Architecture, offers the opportunity to join an innovative, multidisciplinary School with a tradition of excellence in teaching and research and strong links with industry.
The role involves delivery of our post-graduate research methods modules and to work collaboratively in teaching the undergraduate and postgraduate history and theory offer. This position offers the opportunity to develop and lead the Research by Design area.
You will, also, be responsible for:
- Module leadership on the postgraduate programmes
- Development of the Research by Design research and teaching in the School
- Supervision of undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD Dissertations
- Pursuing research leading to high quality publications.
You should have:
- A degree in architecture and a PhD in Architecture, Architectural History or other relevant discipline
- The ability to teach Architectural History, Theory and Cultural Aspects of Design, have or be working towards a teaching qualification for HE
- Recent industry or equivalent academic experience
- A record of developing and sustaining externally funded research work
- Track record of publishing internationally recognized research in high quality peer reviewed journals
- Ability to build collaborative internal and external relationships.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every colleague is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University.
Applicants are required to upload a Cover Letter, CV and copies of a minimum of 2 published articles. Submission of a design/ teaching portfolio is encouraged.
Applications will be reviewed during January 2019, shortlisting will take place on 1 February 2019 and we will notify candidates of the outcome of this shortlisting thereafter.
Interviews will take place Mid-March 2019.
Start Date: 1 July 2019.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To apply for the position please use the link below: