University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The UNLV School of Architecture (SoA) (http://www.unlv.edu/architecture) invites applications for the position of Associate Professor in the Interior Architecture and Design (IAD) program. The SoA, which is housed within the College of Fine Arts (https://www.unlv.edu/finearts) at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, (https://www.unlv.edu/architecture/bs-iad) offers professional degree programs in interior architecture, architecture, and landscape architecture. This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track, Associate Professor position beginning in the fall semester of 2019. In addition to the expectations listed below, the successful candidate will be expected to assume the role of IAD program coordinator within the following year.
The Interior Architecture and Design and the recently launched Master of Healthcare Interior Design (https://www.unlv.edu/architecture/m-hid) programs respond to the increasingly complex needs of populations diverse in age, abilities, and cultural backgrounds that can be creatively addressed with innovative design strategies. Graduates of the program are prepared to make a seamless transition into a new era of design thinking and to successfully engage in the practice of providing professional interior architectural design services in various contexts of residential, commercial, hospitality, health care, and institutional design.
The School of Architecture serves approximately 400 students whose professional development is supported by a diverse faculty with research strengths in areas such as: healthcare design, building science, sustainability, evidence-based design, hospitality design, design-build, urbanism, community-development, history, theory, digital fabrication, computational design, and robotics. The School of Architecture's faculty is committed to achieving the Carnegie distinction of a "Research University/Very High” institution. The School of Architecture actively supports the regional infrastructure that Nevada needs for a socially and environmentally sustainable future.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- function effectively across disciplines integral to Interior Architecture and Design;
- productively engage teaching and research in areas of expertise (such as hospitality, corporate, healthcare, sustainable design, or retail design;
- participate in the continuing development of the programs, including their coordination;
- productively pursue a robust funded research agenda with high-quality outputs and impact;
- productively engage the academic and professional communities;
- make service contributions within the University, College, School, and the professional community including but not limited to: committee assignments, curricular assessment and review, maintaining accreditation standards, and student mentorship;
- be a strong and forward-looking advocate of progressive design thinking.
Required Qualifications: This position requires:
- possession of a professional interior design degree from a program accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) in a regionally accredited college or university;
- To have passed the complete National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam;
- a terminal degree in any of the three disciplines offered by the School of Architecture, or closely related allied discipline;
- Academic experience commensurate with the appointment at the Associate Professor rank; effective teaching within a curriculum which emphasizes evidence-based design.
- possession of a Ph.D. degree;
- record of externally funded research or practice-based research;
- significant experience in the professional practice of interior design;
Review of applications will begin January 22, 2019. The appointment will commence with a desired start date of July 1, 2019. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about the position, including required qualifications and application materials, go to: https://www.higheredjobs.com/
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fwbbwyx99h4zgb6r