Washington State University
The Interior Design Program in the School of Design and Construction (SDC), at Washington State University invites applications for a permanent full-time tenure-track position with 9 month academic appointment as an Assistant/Associate Professor to begin August 16, 2019.
We are seeking an individual with research and teaching ability at undergraduate and graduate levels in interior design.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Develop a research program
- Teaching courses on interior design and other built environment topics within the School
- Participation in School committees and student mentoring
- Willingness to offer continuing education and short courses to industry and students
- Master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or related discipline;
- Ability to conduct research and scholarly activities in a defined area related to the design and construction disciplines resulting in external grant funding and peer reviewed publications;
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be involved in collaborative projects.
- Teaching ability at undergraduate and graduate levels in Interior Design.
- To be considered for Associate Professor, candidates must have served at least 6 years as an assistant professor or equivalent by the hire date.
The application must be submitted online at https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/41089. The position is open until filled. Screening of applicants will begin on November 26, 2018.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER.