Farmingdale State College
Farmingdale State College invites applications for a tenured track Assistant Professor in Architecture and Construction Management. Architecture faculty will be expected to teach a range of architectural design studios as well construction design, graphics and technical lecture courses. Teaching assignments will be at the undergraduate level in Architecture and Construction Management.
- NAAB Master of Architecture or NAAB professional degree with second (MS or Ph.D.) degree in architecture, construction or closely related field.
- Architectural Registration (RA) license.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience and a potential for scholarship.
This is a full-time, 10-month faculty position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Wednesday, March 28, 2018 and ending Tuesday, April 10, 2018, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Thursday, April 26, 2018
- POSITIONS AVAILABLE: September 1, 2018
- Salary: $75,000, may increase commensurate with experience
- The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link - http://www.farmingdale.edu/consumer-information
Farmingdale State College seeks a broad and diverse pool of candidates for this position. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status.
To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a statement of teaching philosophy and methodology), c.v., and names and contact information for three references. Candidates selected for interviews may be asked to provide copies of teaching evaluations and graduate transcripts (showing highest degree awarded/or currently in process). Only applications made through Farmingdale's electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research as well as a separate teaching demonstration.