Job Details

Print

Assistant Professor, Architectural Science

Post Date:

February 5, 2018

University/School:

Western Kentucky University

Location:

Bowling Green, KY

Description










About Western Kentucky University:

Western Kentucky University (WKU): Founded in 1906, WKU is located in Bowling Green, Kentucky, an ethnically and racially diverse community of 61,500 people, about 110 miles south of Louisville and 65 miles north of Nashville. More than 50 different languages are spoken in and around Bowling Green and people from 35 nationalities call the area home. We seek to attract teaching- and research-active, culturally and academically diverse faculty members. The university's population of approximately 20,000 students includes 35% first generation university/college, 15% underrepresented minority and 6% international students. A comprehensive university, WKU is student-centered and focuses on applied research that expands knowledge; improves learning; and serves the region, state and nation.


Job Description:

The School of Engineering and Applies Sciences is seeking applicants for a tenure-eligible Assistant Professor position in Architectural Science.  Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate classes, curriculum development, and engagement in undergraduate applied research, grant writing, public service in the discipline, membership in professional associations, publications, and presentations at professional meetings. Work in a team-oriented environment. Additional responsibilities include student advisement, laboratory management, and participation in school and university committee assignments required for tenure and promotion. In keeping with WKU's increased commitment to research and service, 60% of the position will involve actual teaching responsibilities with the remaining 40% dedicated to research, publication, and service.


Requirements:

  • Ph. D. in Architecture or a closely related field or Masters of Architecture with North American licensure
  • Demonstrated experience in teaching introductory and senior level design studios
  • Demonstrated expertise in: architectural design and drawing, project management, architectural documentation, building codes, structures, BIM, and CAD
  • Minimum of one year experience in teaching with a documented ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
  • Capable of developing and maintaining partnerships with regional industry
  • Ability to work with students on team projects

Additional Information:

Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.

Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO) at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.


Application Instructions:

The following items must be submitted through this electronic talent management system (https://wku.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=94088#pageTop) by March 15, 2018, although expressions of interest may be considered until the position is filled:

  • Letter of Intent stating your interest in this position
  • Current Curriculum Vita
  • Unofficial Transcripts
  • Statement of Teaching Philosophy
  • Statement of Research Philosophy

Names and contact information of three reference providers will be collected during the application process. Reference letters will be requested by the Search Committee through an online process at a later date.

You will receive email confirmation once you have successfully completed the application process.

Candidates short listed for the position will be requested for a portfolio of work containing: Examples of student design work completed in your classes, personal creative activity, scholarship, research, and/or professional work related to area of focus