North Carolina State University
The Doctor of Design program (DDes) is an advanced post-professional degree program in the College of Design at North Carolina State University https://design.ncsu.edu . The College seeks a faculty member to support the DDes program through teaching, service, and leadership in applied and/or interdisciplinary design research. The position is a nine-month tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor level, depending on qualifications.
Doctor of Design Program
The DDes is an interdisciplinary distance-learning program in design, open to established design practitioners who wish to develop high-level, transformative expertise in applied design. Their investigations may be grounded in a single design field or cross boundaries and translate principles from other relevant disciplines https://design.ncsu.edu/academics/doctor-of-design/#overview .
General Scope of Duties
In collaboration with affiliated faculty, the new faculty member will support the DDes program by: constructing and teaching new courses; advising on program policies; participating in admissions procedures; planning program events; representing and promoting the program at professional events.
- PhD / Doctoral degree or terminal design degree or equivalent
- Professional experience in a design office, agency, or related form of practice
In addition, the successful candidate should have:
- Effective teaching experience in a relevant design discipline
- Experience with online course development or instructional design
- Products of design research as disseminated through peer-reviewed venues (e.g. exhibition, competition, publication and/or equivalent)
- A record of interdisciplinary collaborations (e.g. successfully executed events or projects)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and pursue external funding sources for design-related work with a focus on cross-disciplinary collaboration
To apply, please go to jobs.ncsu.edu and search for position number 00104737 for application requirements. Review of applications will begin on 02/02/2018; late applications will be reviewed until we have a sufficiently strong pool of candidates. For questions about this position, please contact M. Elen Deming at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-3876.