The Department of Interior Design within the College of Design at Iowa State University is seeking a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor or associate professor to teach design studios as well as lecture/seminar courses in one or more areas of specialization. Applicants will possess competency and scholarship, or potential for scholarship, in one or more areas of specialization:
• Computer visualization and virtual reality, design communication (hand and digital drafting, rendering, and sketching; rapid visualization; graphic representation; verbal; written),
• Research methods,
• Studio specialization/ practice (commercial/contract/workplace design, globalization and multi-cultural design, institutional design for education/government, furniture design, or other areas),
• Interior materials and technology,
• Building codes, regulations, and standards,
• Human Factors,
• Internship Preparation and Coordination, and Teaching Professional Practice,
• Other areas of expertise.
The position offers opportunities to work with undergraduate and graduate students. Responsibilities include: teaching undergraduate design lectures, studios, and seminar courses; maintaining an active record of creative research and scholarship in interior design related areas; advising undergraduate students; mentoring and teaching graduate students, and participating in service activities within the department, college, and university.
The Department of Interior Design is a vibrant program in the College of Design at Iowa State University. It is CIDA accredited, and one of seven distinguished departments within the College, along with Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Art and Visual Culture, Landscape Architecture, and Community and Regional Planning.
For additional information and to apply to this position, please visit
The guaranteed consideration date for this position is 1/5/18, however applications may continue to be submitted until the position is filled.