University of North Carolina at Greensboro
The UNCG Department of Interior Architecture invites applications for two tenure track positions:
1. ASSISTANT PROFESSOR. 9 MONTH, TENURE TRACK APPOINTMENT. BEGINNING FALL 2018
2. ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR. 9 MONTH, TENURE TRACK APPOINTMENT. BEGINNING FALL 2018
Our community of faculty, staff, and students address interior architecture as a broad-based discipline that informs as it is informed by the professions of the built environment – architecture, interior design, historic preservation, and engineering; that links to our allied disciplines in the arts; integrates the human experience revealed by the social sciences and humanities; and fuels our commitment to community-engaged design. Our 9 full-time faculty guide students through a CIDA-accredited BFA and a post-professional MFA in Interior Architecture. Ideal candidates for the open positions will be energetic team players who contribute significantly to undergraduate and graduate education, design scholarship and creativity, and service to academic and professional institutions.
UNCG is Minority Serving Institution with an undergraduate student body consisting of 28% African Americans and 8% Hispanic or Latino Americans. UNCG and the Department of Interior Architecture foster an environment of collaboration across departments and schools and support community-engaged research. UNCG is proud of the diversity of its student body, and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for this position. UNCG is located in a metropolitan area of more than 1.6 million in the Piedmont region of North Carolina between the Atlantic Ocean and the Appalachian Mountains. UNCG is EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/D/V employer and is strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity.
- teach each semester one studio and one support course within the candidate’s area of interest or expertise
- pursue an active program of peer-reviewed scholarship or creative activity including external grant funding
- engage in an ongoing dialogue about the program and design practice
- advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- supervise student research projects and theses
- provide service to the department, college, university, and community
- terminal degree in interior design or related field with expertise in interiors and a strong background in studio instruction
- ability to teach in a support area related to the candidate’s interest or expertise such as history and theory; designing and making; digital graphics, design, and fabrication; upper-level studio
- NCIDQ certification or willingness and qualifications to take the exam within three years
- Interest in community-engaged activities and/or industry and multidisciplinary collaboration
- LEED A.P., Wellness Certification, CAPS (Certified Aging in Place Specialist) are desirable qualifications
- For the Assistant/Associate position, proven leadership of a departmental program or initiative.
- salary commensurate with experience
- appointment begins 01 August 2018
- review of applications begins 01 December 2017 and continues until the position is filled
To apply visit https://jobsearch.uncg.edu and click on "faculty.”
For the Assistant Professor position reference position #1734.
For the Assistant/Associate Professor position reference #1804.
Include these materials:
- statement of interest and curriculum vitae
- statement of research and/or creative activity with applicable examples such as a portfolio or publications
- statement of teaching philosophy with examples of student work
- names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers for 3 references
- please direct inquiries to
Tommy Lambeth, Associate Professor, and Undergraduate Coordinator
Assistant/Associate Professor Search Committee Chair
Anna Marshall-Baker, Professor
Assistant Professor Search Committee Chair