Research Assistant Professor
College of Art & Architecture
University of Idaho
Pay Range: $52,000 - $60,000 annually
This position supports the Integrated Design Lab, the Architecture Program and the University of Idaho College of Art and Architecture in Boise.
The position requires a researcher who is enthusiastic about high performance buildings, technically savvy, loves working with students, has a strong desire to work collaboratively, and is determined to make a difference in the world. Appointments to begin August 12, 2017.
Education: B.S. or B.A. degree, plus 4 or more years of experience in a research discipline or closely related field.
A terminal degree in a field related to the work at IDL .
Experience: writing reports or materials; compiling and analyzing data and drawing conclusions; using software or spreadsheet software to perform analysis; interpreting and communicating (orally and in writing) material to a diverse target audience.
Working knowledge of: research methods; principles of statistics, sampling theory and probability theory.
(Note: some positions may require a valid driver’s license, an ability to operate a vehicle, and/or a capacity to conduct field research)
• Ph.D. degree in a field related to the work at IDL .
• Experience in a Lab consistent with Building Science programs at Universities with Masters of Architecture programs.
• Demonstrated ability to secure external grants and contracts.
• Experience with originating, developing, directing research programs.
• Ability to establish collaborative and cooperative scientific relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance in any of the following: climate, loads, daylight, electric light, and HVAC systems analysis.
• Experience with the integrated building analysis across categories: climate, loads, occupancy patterns and systems.
• Database development and use.
• Use of data logging and data acquisition systems.
• Ability to conduct comparative analysis of building design alternatives.
• Experience in a professional architectural or engineering office.
• Fabrication skills in metal and wood.
• Competency with High Dynamic Range Digital Photography.
• High level competency with DOE2, EnergyPlus, and Open Studio.
• Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling.
• Experience with building and site evaluation in a Wind Tunnel.
Closing Date: 8/17/2017
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1052268