Queensland University of Technology
About the Professor of Design
QUT Creative Industries Faculty is seeking an outstanding Professor of Design with an international track record to lead, mentor, and promote world-class research and teaching in design and design-related fields to contribute to the leadership and build capacity within the School of Design and the QUT Design Lab. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an established and internationally recognised track record in design research, as well as a sustained engagement with the complex social, environmental, and economic challenges that define the 21st century.
Additionally, the role will also require prior experience and excellence in developing and leading diverse teams, articulating and implementing a strategic vision and plan, building internal and external partnerships, and in seeking and securing significant external funding.
With an emphasis on advancing transdisciplinary design research and practice, we are looking for a visionary and innovative academic leader highly competent with both established and emerging methods, frameworks, and technologies, as well as in developing and sustaining collaborative partnerships with industry, government, and community organisations.
- Possession of a doctoral qualification and/or equivalent professional experience in design research and practice;
- Demonstrated ability to produce and maintain a high level of internationally recognised design research outcomes;
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and enhance research capacity among diverse teams;
- Sustained history of significant external research income, preferably from both industry and government partners;
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, establishing and maintaining research or industry collaborations and partnerships that span diverse disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups;
- Proven leadership in defining new theories, methods, and/or approaches to design research and practice; and
- Proven track record of leadership contributing to a high performing and collaborative institutional culture, including experience in managing a research organisation or group.
Applicant information and how to apply
For further information regarding the role and how to apply, please click here or contact Elizabeth Ashby on Elizabeth.Ashby@perrettlaver.com or +61 (0)2 8354 4016.