2017 ACSA Appointee to the NAAB Board of Directors
Deadline: October 19, 2016
The ACSA Nominations Committee invites nominations for one appointee to the NAAB Board of Directors. The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) is comprised of thirteen members: three appointed by ACSA, three appointed by AIA, three appointed by NCARB, two appointed by AIAS, and two public members. Currently, Judith Kinnard, Tulane University; Jori Erdman, Louisiana State University; and David Hinson, Auburn University, are the ACSA appointees to the NAAB Board. With the expiration of Judith Kinnard’s term in October 2017, the ACSA Board of Directors is considering candidates for her successor.
The appointment is for a three-year term (Oct. 2017 – Oct. 2020) and calls for a person willing and able to make a commitment to NAAB. While previous experience as an ACSA board member or administrator is helpful, it is not essential for nomination. Some experience on NAAB visiting teams wil be considered necessary; otherwise the nominee might be unfamiliar with the highly complex series of deliberations involved in this position. Faculty and administrators are invited to nominate faculty from an ACSA full member school with some or all the following qualifications:
- Tenured faculty status at an ACSA full member school;
- Significant experience with and knowledge of the accreditation process;
- Significant acquaintance with and knowledge of ACSA, its history, policy programs, and administrative structure;
- Significant acquaintance with the range of school and program types across North America.
- Willingness to represent the constituency of ACSA on accreditation-related issues.
- Ability to work with the NAAB and ACSA boards to build consensus on accreditation-related issues.
For consideration, please submit a concise letter of nomination, a one-page CV indicating the nominee’s experience under the above headings, and a letter from the nominee indicating willingness to serve. Materials are due by October 19, 2016.
Nominations should be sent to:
|Email (preferred): email@example.com |
Eric Ellis, ACSA Director of Operations and Programs
ACSA, Board Nominations
1735 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006