CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ACSA Representative on NAAB Board of Directors
Deadline: November 4, 2014
The 2015-2016 National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) will comprise thirteen members: three representing ACSA, three representing AIA, three representing NCARB, two representing AIAS, and two public members. Currently Patricia Kucker of University of Cincinnati; Brian Kelly of University of Maryland; & Judith Kinnard, Tulane University represent ACSA on the NAAB Board. With the expiration of Patricia Kucker’s term in October 2015, the ACSA Board of Directors is considering candidates for his successor at its meeting this March in Toronto, ON.
The appointment is for a three-year term (Oct. 2015 – Oct. 2018) and calls for a person willing and able to make a commitment to NAAB. While previous experience as an ACSA board member or administrator is helpful, it is not essential for nomination. Some experience on NAAB visiting teams should be considered necessary; otherwise the nominee might be unfamiliar with the highly complex series of deliberations involved with this position. Faculty and administrators are asked to nominate faculty from an ACSA member school with any or all the following qualifications:
- Tenured faculty status at an ACSA full member school;
- Significant experience with and knowledge of the accreditation process;
- Significant acquaintance with and knowledge of ACSA, its history, policy programs, and administrative structure;
- Personal acquaintance with the range of school and program types across North America.
- Willingness to represent the constituency of ACSA on accreditation related issues.
- Ability to work with the NAAB board and ACSA representatives to build consensus on accreditation related issues.
For consideration, please submit a concise letter of nomination along with a one-page CV indicating experience under the above headings, and a letter indicating willingness to serve from the nominee, by November 4, 2014.
Nominations should be sent to:
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Ellis, ACSA Director of Operations and Programs
ACSA, Board Nominations
1735 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006